Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.  True!  ;)

I decided to go ahead and do yard work yesterday before the temperatures got up too high here in Georgia.  It was a beautiful, cloudless, sunny with a light breeze 70-degree day!  Normally, I cut the grass one day, and then do the edging, weed-eating, etc. the next day - but decided to go ahead and do it all.  My yard looks great, but man - my back was killing me last night!  I think from the edger, weed-eater, and blower!  OH!  The hedge-trimmers, too - I trimmed the bushes in front of our porch.  I was going to try to do the Brand X workout from Sunday, which was 7 or 8 reps of increasing weight clean & jerks - but with my back the way it was - I knew there was no way I could do it!  I actually started on my yard just a tad after 12:00 yesterday and came inside at 3:15 - I think that was a good bit of cardio, don't you?  It took me 45 minutes to cut the grass, so yeah...not bad!  

CrossFit Mamas:
   Okay - this sounds complicated, but it's really not - let's just hope I can explain it correctly.  Keep your clock going.  During minute "1", you do 1 sit-up and 1 push-up.  Minute "2":  2 sit-ups, 2 push-ups.  Minute "3":  3 sit-ups, 3 push-ups.  Minute "4":  4 sit-ups, 4 push-ups, etc.  Keep doing this until you cannot go any farther.  Add your number of reps and post as your score, along with the time.  If you are on minute "8" (just for an example) and are doing your push-ups, but do not finish them by the time you get to minute "9", just start on your 9 sit-ups and push-ups.  I think I explained that correctly!

Brand X:
   Hero Workout in honor of US Army Sergeant, Dale Brehm.
      15 foot rope climb - 3 ascents or 6 beginner climbs
      15 Back squats w/25-45 lbs
      15 Push-ups
      Row 20 calories

As much as I'd love to do either of these workouts, I believe I am going to do yesterday's "Kelly" workout from Brand X.  Just a reminder - it was:
   3 rounds for time - Run 400 meters
                               - 15 Box jumps
                               - 15 Wall ball shots

Y'all wish me luck!!
******************************
Crazy afternoon!  My sister-in-law called and was unable to carry my mother-in-law to the doctor to get an epidural for her back pain.  I was the only one available, so that job was mine!  Just got back in time to swing by the store and grab something to make for supper.   I'll save this for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Berta!! Glad to see you are still working away at the crossfit! :) The Brand X site is pretty cool! We have been doing wods with our group so I don`t get very many of Jenni`s in... but whatever, it`s still crossfit, which I love. Mowing season is upon us here in the great white north too... yuck... I have 14 that I do, one of which is a cemetary, not fun. So needless to say I get lots of exercise from that too...
    Have a great week... still love reading your blog :) you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! This tells me how much of a habit exercising has become - I feel guilty whenever I don't post on Jenni's site, even though I'm working out! lol Although, obviously I didn't work out today as I explained above and I really do feel bad about that. As long as I make it up, I'll be okay. I like the Brand X website too because it scales things down and I don't feel like such a loser when I can't do the heavier version. I still feel like I'm cheating on Jenni, though! ha-ha

    ReplyDelete