Friday, May 10, 2013


Some quit because of slow progress, never grasping the fact that slow progress IS progress.  I have to admit, I haven't seen much progress in my body stats lately, but I actually have not considered quitting CrossFit.  It's just something I do every day.  I feel SO guilty whenever I miss a day and really try to make it up over the weekend, and feel even worse when that doesn't happen.  How crazy is that?  I have been exercising 5 days a week since starting CrossFit Mamas on September 24, 2012 and I still love it!   Well, except for the running - but I'm getting better at that and as Martha likes to say, "That's a good thing!"  I never would have thought I'd exercise every day and actually look forward to it - I'm so fickle and wishy-washy and inconsistent and...oh, you get the picture.  It's crazy to realize that my exercise room is the cleanest room in my house and it is used a LOT!!  lol  

I'm torn on which work out I want to do today.  Both look and sound fun, yet challenging.  I think I'll do Mamas today and try to do Brand X tomorrow.  Regardless, I do plan on adding in some type of run to my workout today. 

CrossFit Mamas:
   8 Rounds for time
      - 5 Front squats, w/40 lbs
      - 10 Push-ups
      - 20 CrossFit sit-ups

Brand X:
   5 Rounds for time * increase your weights each round *
      - 5 Deadlifts
      - 5 Hang cleans
      - 5 Push press
      - 5 Squats

See?  Don't they both sound like fun?  I'm definitely doing Mamas today since I did not do it yesterday.
******************************
16:52 - I set a goal time of 16:00, thinking I'd average 2 minutes per round, so I obviously missed my goal, but I wasn't too far off so I'm proud of that!   I used 44 lbs with my front squats and cannot believe how low I squatted!  VERY happy with that!!  I did not have to stop AT ALL on push-ups, but was quivery on my last round.  Sit-ups got me...I knew they would.  I always start out strong, then slow down.  I started slowing down on the 4th round, and on rounds 5, 6, and 7 I stopped for a couple of seconds after doing 13.  I refused to stop on the 8th round since I knew that was it, but trust  me...it was hard!  I was surprised at how sweaty I got during this workout - it was a fun one!

I did not run because I was barefoot - I love, love, love barefoot workouts!  I did jump on my recumbent bike though.  My plan was to finish out 30 minutes on my bike and I set my timer for 12:08, but actually rode 15 full minutes.  I biked 3.75 miles, but used a lot of resistance.  I changed the resistance every 1/4 mile as follows:  1, 3, 5, 7, 2, 4, 6, 8 (the highest it will go), 6, 7, 5, 6, 4, 3, 2.

Very sweaty.  Very happy.  Great ending to the week.  I hope all you Mamas have a wonderful Mother's Day.  I know I will - all my babies will be here!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment