Friday, May 3, 2013


Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me brave in the attempt.  That is the Special Olympics motto.  Why am I posting this?  Today is Special Olympics for our county.  That's Hayley in the picture above racing against her buddies.  She came in second last year, but just look at the focus and determination on her face!  Sorry I'm posting late this morning.  I had to go downstairs and finish up invoicing so I can go to Special Olympics today.  I think this is one of my favorite days of the year!  The kids are amazing.  If you have never been around special needs children, this is a great place to start.  Lots of smiles, lots of hugs, lots of laughter - they are truly special!  I used to be a kindergarten para-pro (teacher's aide) and loved every minute of it - oh the hugs you would get, the pure innocence of children - it's amazing.  Special needs people are a lot like that.  Hayley is ALWAYS happy.  Always!  If she's ever not, then something is going on - usually she's sick.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen Hayley cry since she came to live with me in 2006.  It's truly a joy - you cannot stay in a bad mood around her or her friends.  It just can't happen - they are pure joy to be around and I'm really looking forward to today - even though it's overcast, it's not supposed to be cold.

CrossFit Mamas:
   5 rounds for time 
      12 Wall ball shots w/10 lb ball
      12 Knees to Elbows

Brand X:
   Rest day

I don't know about you guys, but my butt has taken a pounding this week!  Squats!  Lunges!  Wall Ball!  It's okay - I've noticed a lift that wasn't there before so I'll suffer through it!  It looks like racing is a no-go this weekend.  We have a 70% chance of rain tomorrow, so that will be a good day to make up the running workout I missed on Tuesday.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  I know...don't fall out.  I've just finally made up my mind that I can now run 1/4 mile segments and I will do it from now on no matter what.  I'm hoping it won't be long before I can run even farther, then start working on increasing my speed.

Well, I have to head out.  I'll post some pics over the weekend of Hayley and her friends. 
******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment