Tuesday, May 28, 2013


When you feel the weight of the world is on your shoulders, do squats.  I mean, c'mon!  What else are you gonna do with it?  lol

As you can tell - I was not around this weekend, and what a busy weekend it was!!!  I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day - I know I did.  Tiring, but great!  I have a brother who has been incarcerated for 14 years and he was release on parole earlier last week.  He's living at a halfway house in Atlanta, so I went and picked him up on Sunday morning and brought him here to spend the day with me and my family.  He was so excited to see my kids, and kept calling them "younguns'.  I had to remind him they weren't young anymore - Katy is 26 and Kirk is 23.  He couldn't believe it.  They were 12 and 10 the last time he saw them.  Even though I've sent him pictures and stuff, I guess he just couldn't believe it.  It was a really nice visit and I pray, pray, PRAY that he stays out of trouble.  He had to be back home by curfew (9:00 p.m.), so I drove him back that same night.  He's been gone so long, and the world has changed so much while he was away.  I mean...hardly anyone had computers in their homes then, and very few of those had internet.  Cell phones were just starting to catch on - my daughter said she remembers all of her friends had pagers/beepers back then.  It's just crazy to sit and think about all that has changed in just 14 years.  I had a netbook that I bought for Hayley to use, but she didn't like it, so I found it and gave it to my brother and gave him a crash course on computers.  Yes...I wrote down everything he needed to know, but still - he's called me so much with questions on it!  lol

Then - I had planned to chill and relax yesterday, but ended up going to Athens (Bulldog country!) to take Katy my old deck furniture that she wanted for her patio.  That turned in to a shopping trip for paint, then a shopping trip for baby stuff.  I had a blast shopping for baby stuff - cannot wait until little Addy gets here!  Anyway, I didn't get back home until almost 4:00 - then it was grocery store, supper, etc.  Busy, busy, busy!!  I do believe I'll enjoy being back on a normal schedule today!

CaliFit Mamas:
   50 Front squats w/40 lbs
   5 Burpees
   40 Front squats w/40 lbs
   4 Burpees
   30 Front squats w/40 lbs
   3 Burpees
   20 Front squats w/40 lbs
   2 Burpees
   10 Front squats w/40 lbs
   1 Burpee

Brand X:
   4 rounds - 6 minutes per round
      Sprint 200 meters (time these)
      Run 400 meters
   *If you complete this before 6 minutes is up, use the remainder of your time as rest time.

I plan to do CaliFit today.  I completely missed it yesterday, but am going to start with today's workout.  I may add yesterday's workout at the end of this.  It didn't seem like it was very long - I just wasn't at home!
******************************
11:58 - WOW!  That was tougher than it sounded!  Oh well...I did NOT have the worst time today - yay, me!  lol

I started out using 44 lbs on the squats - did all 50 of the first round with 44 lbs, but dropped down to 38 lbs for the remaining rounds. My adjustable dumbbells are either 44 or 38, there is no 40!  Ha-ha!  It was bad enough with 38 lbs, though.  I was going to try to do yesterday's workout as well, but my legs are SO squiggly right now.  I'm surprised I can't see them quivering on the outside, because they sure as hell are squiggly on the inside!!  That was a great, sweaty, quick work out!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment