Wednesday, May 8, 2013


No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.  I tell myself this...a LOT!  I get so discouraged sometimes when  I see what my time was, or like yesterday - if I can't complete a run.  I just keep going and try not to quit altogether.  I figure it's good to keep walking instead of just stopping, but man - I was so disappointed yesterday.  The only good thing was the sweating - yes, I said sweating.  I'm not sure why, but whenever I get a good sweat going, I feel like I accomplished something!  Even though I didn't run all of my 400 meters yesterday, I was sweating like a mad man and that made me feel okay.  Good news (I think) is that I can try to do better today because...yup, the Mamas are doing "Nancy"!  Wait...that just sounds wrong, doesn't it?  lol   :)

CrossFit Mamas:
   "Nancy"
      5 Rounds for Time - 
         - Run 400 meters
         - 15 Front squats w/40 lbs

Brand X:
   Puppy Dawgs -
      15-12-9
         Hand release push-ups
         Pull-ups (assisted as needed)

I had to look up a video for hand-release push-ups.  I have to say, they're not what I thought they were, so I'm glad I looked it up.  I thought they were where you did a push-up and then while "up" you picked up your hands, but no...you do a push-up, then when you go all the way down to the floor (like a burpee) and pick your hands up while laying on the floor, then put your hands back onto the floor and go back into a push-up.  These are also called CrossFit push-ups - who knew?  I did not see any variations for "girl" push-ups, however, but I'm going to try these anyway.  Who knows?  Maybe I can do them and just didn't know because I don't ever try 'em!!  

I plan on doing "Nancy" Mamas-style today, and according to how I feel afterwards, I may or may not do Brand X as well.  Wish me luck - I'm gonna need it!!!  ;)
******************************
Got started spring cleaning in my living room and had to get everything done and back in order.  Saving this for tomorrow - NO MATTER WHAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment