Friday, May 24, 2013


Exercise free speech - strengthen the 1st amendment.  Use it or lose it!  Guess what?  I'm on a rant today.  So...I believe I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs about CrossFit making Jenni take CrossFit out of her blog name, CrossFit Mamas.  Well, she did.  However, they are now saying that wasn't enough - she needs to completely shut down her blog.  I don't understand how they can do that.  I get them wanting to protect the CrossFit name/brand, and wanting that removed.  I don't get how they can force her to stop blogging about something that you can find for free on the internet.  I mean really - google a named CrossFit workout.  I did it this morning.  I googled "CrossFit Helen".  The VERY FIRST thing that popped up was from Men's Fitness - not a CrossFit site.  Hmmm.....interesting, right?  I have been following the Workouts Of the Day (WODs) not only Jenni's workout blog, but through an affiliated CrossFit site - CrossFit Brand X.  I registered at Brand X for free - not to be able to see the WODs (you could do that for free without registering) but to be able to post my times (again, for free).  I don't understand why you can't blog about something for free, when it's everywhere on the internet for free!!  AARRGGHH!!  Makes me angry.  Does this mean CrossFit can come after me as well?  I mean, I'm posting their workouts on my blog....where does the ridiculousness end?

Okay...rant over.  Well, at least on that subject.  :)   I don't know about you guys, but my shoulders are BEYOND sore!!  I woke up around 2:00 this morning, and had to get up and take some aspirin.  I could hardly lift my arm to move it - I tend to sleep with one arm under my pillow, and it felt like I had my arm in molasses or whatever else super-sticky substance you can think of.  It was crazy!  I kept thinking - this just doesn't seem real, how slowly my arm moved.  It kinda freaked me out!  lol  But, the aspirin finally got to work and I went back to sleep, but not until after watching Ryan Gosling for a bit.  I don't know what station Honey-Buns had left the t.v. on (we sleep with it on, but with the sound muted), but man - Ryan Gosling is just super sexy.  I don't know why he does it for me...he just does.  A nice little plus in my world of aches!  lol

CaliFit Mamas:
   7 Rounds for time
      7 Front squats w/40 lbs
      7 Push-ups

Brand X:
   For time
      30 Burpee muscle-ups

Being that I'm a day behind on CaliFit, I knew what today's workout entailed.  My first thought when I woke up with super slow/sore arms, was "How am I going to do push-ups tomorrow?"  Ha!  Thank goodness for aspirin, huh?  I will probably take another aspirin this morning just to make sure the soreness is gone by the time I work out, so it doesn't affect my time.  ;)  Just from looking at Brand X's workout, I have to say....wow...Burpee Muscle-ups sound horrible!!!  I'm glad we don't do muscle-ups! One - I don't have the equipment (and I don't plan on getting the equipment if they want to combine it with burpees!) and Two - well, there is no two - they just sound awful, though.

Let's get it done!
******************************
Not able to do this today - my upper arms/shoulders are ridiculously sore.  I'll do this one tomorrow, along with the running one that was really scheduled for today.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment