Friday, March 15, 2013


Keep calm and let the bodies hit the floor!  I know this is a Drowning Pool song, but it reminds me of burpees - letting your body hit the floor.  Which probably tells you what's part of today's CrossFit, right?  Yup!

Last night was the WORST I have slept in a while...between my thighs and knees throbbing, and my sleep shirt and panties twisting up - it was just awful!  Note to self - buy new panties.  It's a good thing that I need to buy smaller panties, I've actually needed to for a good bit now.  I just haven't.  Well, the last couple of "run" days it seemed like I was spending as much time pulling up my panties as I was running!  It's a VERY uncomfortable feeling to be running or doing box jumps and you feel your panties slowly sliding down your butt!  What a problem to have though!  I mean, it IS a much better wearing something too big than it is something too small, right?  YES, it is!  The only reason everything kept getting twisted up is because I kept tossing and turning because of the aches in my legs.  You can be sure I'll take some aspirin or something before bedtime from now on.  In my defense - I wasn't sore when I went to bed, just super sleepy.  These workouts have worn me out for the past couple of weeks. Normally I'm up until 11:00 or 11:30, but I have been going to bed around 10:00 or 10:30 - I even went to bed at 9:30 one night last week!  I went to bed at 10:00 last night and had no trouble falling asleep (I usually don't).  I'm one of those that goes to bed, takes a couple of deep breaths, and I'm out.  Honey-buns lays there for a good bit before falling asleep.  He said it amazes him how quickly I can fall asleep.  I've always said that I don't go to bed until I'm sleepy, therefor I fall asleep very fast!

Enough of that - back to today's workout.  I'm surprised (and kinda glad, but definitely surprised!) it's NOT a run, I just knew it would be run day!

CrossFit:
   10 push-ups
   20 wall ball w/10 lb ball
   30 knees to elbows
   40 power cleans w/20 lbs
   50 burpees
   60 sumo deadlift high pulls w/20 lbs

March Madness:
   30 squats
   20 burpees

I know I won't be doing extra burpees, so I'll just do the squats from today's Madness.  Looks like a great workout!  I don't know why, but I love the workouts that have lots of multiple exercises like this, as opposed to the ones that do "rounds".  It's probably because I used to lose count on my rounds.  Not anymore, I finally crumpled up some paper making paper "balls" that I use to count my rounds, but my cat (the one laying on my weight bench in the photo I shared awhile ago) has discovered where I kept my paper ball counters, and she has absconded with some.  I started with 8, was down to 6 earlier this week, and noticed yesterday that I now have 5.  I don't know what's she's done with them.  I searched the floor in my "gym", thinking she was just batting them around, but nope!  Nothing.  I need to get something bigger that she can't pick up with her mouth.  :)
******************************
21:30 -  Not the best time, but I can say I let my body hit the floor 50 times!!  lol  Great workout!  Great ending to the week!

Push-ups - 10?  Easy, peasy!

Wall Ball w/4 lb ball - 20?  Okay, but I felt the burn in my legs from all of the leg work we've done this week!

Knees-to-Elbows - 30?  BIG improvement!  I'm not only getting my knees up to my underbreasts, but I can do 6-9 at a time without having to stop.  The main reason I would have to stop is because my palms were burning!  My bars have padding, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I can't wear gloves with the padding on there because they get all twisted.  Anyway, still proud of my improvement on the bar!  :)

Burpees - 50?  Are you freaking kidding me?  You would think after doing burpees almost daily for the March Madness workout that I could drop 50 with no troubles, right?  Think again!  Put it this way - I started doing burpees at just a little over 7 minutes on my stopwatch/timer.  I finished doing burpees at just a little of 19 minutes.  Twelve-plus minutes on burpees!  BUT....I DID THEM ALL!  Not only that, but I did them all the non-beginner way (without my step).  SO, very, VERY proud of that!  :D

Sumo deadlift high pulls - 60 - MUCH harder than I thought they would be.  I started feeling the burn around #15, but pushed to 20 before shaking it out.  After that I could only do 10 at a time and the last 5 were U-G-L-Y!!!  But again, ALL done!

So glad it's Friday and I can say I worked my butt off (or at least I hope I did) this week!  Y'all have a great weekend.  :)

1 comment:

  1. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It has been said that every bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete