Tuesday, March 26, 2013


I clean, I jerk, and I have a nice snatch!  This is funny to me!  Wrong, but funny!!  I admit...I would NEVER wear this shirt, but it's still kinda cute!

Well, I'm not sore from yesterday - that's a good thing!  There's no running today - that's a better thing!  I am going to run today, though.  It's not going to get better by itself, is it?  I don't know how far I will run, but I'm throwing in some kind of running.  I will also cover up the display - that actually seemed to work.  I'm not just staring at the blinking blocks waiting for more to light up, nor am I staring at the time thinking "almost done".  I will be a happy, happy, happy little girl when I can run 1/4 mile without stopping!  Then I'll have to change my goal to something farther.  Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that I've done the running segments without walking, I'm just not happy that I have to stop so much.  Why can't I breathe while I run????   Weirdness - that's why.  I'll get there - slowly, but surely - I'll get there.  

Today's CrossFit is from the Challenge, but with a modification for us Mamas:
   As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
      150 Wall ball shots w/10# ball
      90 Jump rope
      30 Pull-ups (assisted are okay)

Your score is the total number of reps.  Looks fun - hard, but fun!  Just the way I like it!!  lol

March Madness:
   55 Squats
   25 Burpees
   *extra for me* 55 Sit-ups
******************************
255 - total score - WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!  SO surprised by this!  lol  Wall ball shots KILLED my arms and thighs!!  I didn't think I'd be able to "turn" the jump rope and am even more surprised I finished the jump rope segment!  I kicked off my shoes and just had on footies for jumping rope.  That helps tremendously and am happy with my improvement jumping - I actually jumped 20 times without tripping!  That's a new high for me!!  I had 48 seconds left after jumping rope, so I went ahead and started on pull-ups, but I chose to do reverse pull-ups using my treadmill.  I was able to get 15 pull-ups in before the timer went off.  VERY happy with today's workout!!

150 Wall ball shots w/4 lb ball - I canNOT imagine doing this many with a heavier ball.  These got VERY hard around 80.  lol

90 Jump rope

15 reverse pull-ups

I did 55 sit-ups and was hoping (really hard) my son would have been here so I could convince myself to leave the room so he could use the treadmill and I would not have to do burpees, but...that didn't happen.  I started on burpees - here's a tip - you cannot do burpees wearing footies, at least not on carpet.  I went down and it felt like I was doing the Fred Flintstone movement with my feet trying to get a grip to get back up!  I had to stop and take off my footies so I could continue.  I even did the burpees the correct way - with the little hop on the end - and I have to say my burpees have even improved!  Doing 25 burpees today seemed WAY easier than when I struggled through 17 the last time I did them.  I love progress!!!  :)  I chose not to do 55 squats from the Madness workout because I felt like I squatted 150 times with wall ball shots!  THAT was plenty for me!  :)

3 comments:

  1. It's a hard one. I did it on Sunday with a 14 lb ball aimed at a 9 ft target and only managed to get 100 in 10 mins. In my defense, my ball is homemade, from a soccer. It was all I could do to squeeze enough sand in to make it 14 lbs and it was like throwing and catching a rock!! It was awful. I wish I had the proper medicine ball that the other people used... Oh well, it was really pretty funny!
    I doubt I'd have done a lot better but I think I could have at least finished the 150 wall balls... :)
    Next year!
    Have a great day!
    On a side note... Gina and I and two other friends are going to Boston tomorrow to see PINK in concert on Thursday night! A 4 day road trip... we are soooo frickin excited!! It's kind of a once in a lifetime thing for us! We'll have a drink for you while we are there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! I'm SOOOO jealous -I LOVE Pink!!!! Y'all have a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that every bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete