Monday, March 4, 2013


I've been hiding from exercise.  I'm in the Fitness Protection Program.  lol  Don't ask me why...I just thought this was funny!  I'm sure you can guess, but this was me this weekend.  I had zero energy all weekend.  I'm not sure if I was still recovering from being sick last week or what, but I slept more this weekend than I have in a long time.  I know...excuses, excuses, but I just could not - scratch that - DID not do anything.  I have really got to get my act together and get my butt in gear this week.  

Today's workout looks hard, but sounds fun.  It's one of those "all mixed up" workouts that I love!
   3 rounds of:
      30 wall ball shots, 10 lbs
      30 deadlift high pulls, 20 lbs
      30 box jumps, 18" box
      30 push press, 20 lbs
      30 jump rope
      30 pushups
      10 front squat, 30-60 lbs

I also have to make up my March Madness workouts from the weekend and do my 5k training run today, so it will be a fairly long/good workout for me today!

March Madness:
   from Saturday - 8 squats, 5 burpees
   from Sunday - 10 squats, 7 burpees
   today - 13 squats, 8 burpees

5k training run:
   Run 1 minute, walk 1 minute x 8

Wish me luck!
******************************
27:21   Sucking wind SO hard right now!!  WOW!  Today's workout almost KILLED me!  Needless to say, I did NOT do any "extras" today - no March Madness, no run.  I know, I know - but I honestly did not have it in me today.  I think my ambitions were bigger than my willpower today - kinda like your eyes are bigger than your stomach, only different!  lol

Anyway, I thought, you know...instead of adjusting my dumbbells, I'll just leave them set on 31 lbs for all weighted exercises.  Great idea, right?  I mean, what could it hurt?  AAAHHHH...ME, that's what!  ha-ha

I should have known it would be a rough day when wall ball shots were harder than normal.  Anyway, I did all of those, did okay with deadlift high pulls until the last round, then I struggled through those.  Box jumps and push presses were okay, but my left arm quivered the whole time every round!  I am pleased to say I only tripped over my jumprope 4 times on round 1, 3 times on round 2 and 4 times on the last round.  Improvement!  I am also pleased with my weighted front squats.  I cannot believe how low I can go on my weighted squats now - so...another improvement!  My pushups were a disappointment, however.  I struggled through rounds 1 and 2 - to the point where in round 2 I could only do 2-3 at a time before "stretching" it out.  Well, bad news - I did not complete my pushups on the last round - I only got 4 pushups in.   :/  I know - sucky, but I did it and I survived.  :)

I also did today's workout barefoot - that's always a good thing.  I can't believe how much easier box jumps and jump rope are when you're barefoot!  I also can't believe my feet aren't sore whenever I work out barefoot!

My time was not great, but I actually feel good about working out because I SO did not want to, but I refused to skip today.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better!! Well mostly better ;)
    You've got a busy day ahead! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete