Wednesday, October 2, 2013

If I ever had to run for my life, I would probably die.

If I ever had to run for my life, I would probably die.  While I find this extremely funny, I also wonder if this would be true for me - especially as much as I hate to run!  lol - but not really!  :)  I would hope adrenaline would kick in and I'd do whatever was necessary to survive, but still....makes you wonder.

So, you know how I mentioned how sore my butt was yesterday?  Well, it's even worse today!!  Yep...those stairs and hills got to it.  The bad (or good) thing is I'll be doing the stairs again today since I have to move more office stuff.  You guys are all probably thinking, it's just from the basement to upstairs, right?  Well...yes and no.  My house is a split level with a full basement.  Looking at it from the back, I have four levels.  Coming up from the basement, I go up one flight of stairs, turn and go up another flight of stairs to get to the next level, which has Hayley's room, the laundry room, and the garage.  Then, I go up the wheelchair ramp which covers 4-step stairs to the living room, dining room, and kitchen level.  Then I have to go up another flight of stairs to get to the upper level which is where our bedroom, Addy's room, and the exercise rooms are located.  Trust me, it's NOT fun when carrying things - especially somewhat heavy things!  I'm curious to know how you would do this, because Honey-Buns and I are totally opposite on what we do.   He carries whatever all the way - from the basement to the top, then goes down and does it again.  I carry whatever to the turn of the basement steps and stack as much of it ups as I can without it falling.  Then, I go from that stack to the next level - stacking it all on the wheelchair ramp.  I proceed to go from there to the bottom of the upper stairs, then carry it to the top of the stairs, then I take it all into the appropriate room.  I know it's the same amount of steps, but it just seems easier my way.  Plus, I feel like I'm accomplishing more because I see so much on each level at one time instead of having to wait until I make it all the up to see my progress.  Crazy, huh?  Gotta love my brain!!

IF I get a chance to work out today, I'm going to do the CrossFit White Head workout.  It's something different for me and kinda looks fun...well, except for the running part but I can run 200 meters fairly easy now (fingers crossed!)  ;)
   12-9-6-3 Curtis P
   run 200 meters after each set
*Curtis P is a clean, then you lunge with your right leg, then left leg.  I'm assuming you do the total number and not 12 right leg, 12 left leg - just 12 total.  That's how I'm going to do it, anyway.  Y'all wish me luck!
************************
No "official" workout - moving office stuff has been sufficient for me today!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment