Monday, October 28, 2013

Busy week - day 1

I hope you all had a good weekend!  I had a busy one, to be followed by another busy week and an out of town trip!  YAY!  On Saturday, I went to Athens to buy some Halloween stuff.  I have a big, wooden Hairy Dog (UGA Bulldog's mascot) on my front porch.  He was in the basement in our "boys room" that was not being used at all for that purpose, so I had a couple of our guys move him around to the front porch.  I decorate him for the seasons/holidays.  I made him a masquerade mask out of cardboard and needed a cape to put around his shoulders for his Halloween costume and all of our local stores were sold out of capes!  I went to a Halloween store in Athens and got one, but I must say I was disappointed in that Halloween store.  It was just strange.  Even my daughter thought it was strange as well.  We went to a local pumpkin patch farm yesterday.  That's my family in the picture above.  Honey-Buns (Perry) is the one squatting, keeping a hand on our Addy pea-pod who is sitting with Hayley in the chair.  In the back row (l-r) are my son (Kirk), daughter (Katy), and son-in-law (Andy).  It was a gorgeous day in Georgia and this week is supposed to be more of the same - mid to upper 70's, sunny!  Love it!

Honey-Buns and I are going to Phenix City, AL this weekend for a big race held at East Alabama Motor Speedway.  He's leaving on Thursday and I'll follow on Friday.  I have to stay to take and pick up Hayley at school, plus keep Addy.  Katy is getting off early on Friday afternoon and she will come here to take care of Hayley for me.  She's the one who will get her up/down in bed and dressed/undressed.  Kirk will be here as well since he's off this weekend and he'll keep an eye on Hayley when Katy won't be here.  The hardest part of taking care of her is the whole diaper change/dressing/undressing issues.  Other than that, she has her own stuff she likes to do.  I SO appreciate my kids for helping me out with her so I can get a break and go watch Honey-Buns do his thing racing!!  :)  Now, all I have to do is make sure we get everything together that we need.  We "camp out" at the track - I don't sleep in a tent, but a camper or just the back of the car hauler is close enough to real camping for me!  lol  Plus, I have to get my Halloween stuff out.  It seems like I get later and later every year.  Oh well...it will be ready.

Today's workout is from CrossFit Brand X's site.
   "Morrison" puppy version
      30-20-10 (pack version is 40-30-20-10 and women version is 50-40-30-20-10)
         Wall ball shots, 10-14 lb ball (pack and women 14 lb ball)
         Box jumps, 15-20" box (pack and women 20")
         Kettlebell swings, 15-24# (pack and women 1 pood = 36 lbs)

I should be able to get a workout in today.  I see no reason not to.  I plan to take Addy outside with me while I get my Halloween stuff out this afternoon (if she's awake).  She can swing while I work - she loves it outside!!  If she's asleep, then I'll be using my monitors today.  :)
*************************


No comments:

Post a Comment