Monday, November 11, 2013

Tell someone that you "work out" and no one bats an eye...


Tell someone that you "work out" and no one bats an eye.  Say that you "do CrossFit" and everyone loses their minds.

I'm going to start off by saying (again!) OMG!!!  I canNOT believe how sore and tired I was after Friday's 5k run.  It was just ridiculous.  First off, I fell asleep on the sofa around 9:00 Friday night...Honey-Buns woke me up to go to bed at 11:00.  Then, I slept all night - NOT like a baby!  I was so sore achy, especially my hip flexors...wth?  Anyway, Honey-Buns woke me up close to 9:00 on Saturday morning to tell me he was going to work, then going to see his mom.  I could not believe I had slept so long!  Even though I took two aspirin Friday night, my aches and pains were crazy...the top of my left foot was killing me anytime I bent it or wiggle my toes, my thighs were achy, my hip flexors throbbed all night long, then on Saturday the pain switched to my shins!  I'm okay today, thank Goodness!  I just can't believe how much I hurt this weekend - I really need to get back in my routine.  I don't like pain!  lol

I'm doing last Friday's CrossFit White Head workout.  Yes, it has running and believe it or not that's what I want to do.  My plan is to try to do some kind of running three times a week.  I know, I know.  I've said this before, but I really, really, really mean it this time!!  ;)

   Run 400 meters
   50 sit-ups
   Run 400 meters
   40 sit-ups
   Run 400 meters
   30 sit-ups
   Run 400 meters
   20 sit-ups
   Run 400 meters
   10 sit-ups

I'm really going to improve my running.  Even though I force myself to run, I'm still holding on to the treadmill when I do it.  I came across a beginner running program (another one!) and I do believe I'm going to try it out and see what happens.  This is NOT a 5k training, it's just for beginner runners to run 1 mile.  You are supposed to run 3-5 times per week (sounds doable).  Do a 5 minute warm-up walk, then you run 100 meters, then walk 300 meters - repeating this 4 times and then do a cool-down walk for 5 minutes.  Train this way until you feel you can increase your running distance - going up to 200 meter run segments, then 300, then 400 - running a full mile without stopping.  You are not supposed to do a slow walk during your walking time.  The example I saw said to run at 4.0, then walk at 3.0.  I have been running at 4.3, and walking at 3.0 but on Friday I ran at 4.1 and walked at 3.3.  I'm going to play with my speed and find one that works for me, WITHOUT holding on to my treadmill and using an incline of 2.  I will do this for today's run segments.  I haven't decided if I'll do the warm-up walk or just get to it.  I'll decide once I get upstairs - as usual!  I've really got to improve - and I have, I just want to do mo' better!  ;) 
*************************


No comments:

Post a Comment