Monday, November 18, 2013

Don't give up because you had a bad day.


Don't give up because you had a bad day.  Forgive yourself and do better tomorrow.
:)

I am happy to say that I can breathe through both nostrils again!  You never know how much you miss that until it's taken away from you.  I don't believe I have ever slept so much as I have this past week.  Granted, I was taking medicine for my head cold, but still.  I took Contac every 6 hours during the day, then I had to switch to Nyquil just so I could sleep at night.  Even then, I ended up keeping the Nyquil by my bed and whenever I did wake up to blow my nose, I would take a couple of sips of Nyquil - and when I say "sip", I really mean sip...that stuff is nasty!  lol  I fell asleep on the sofa Friday night around 9:00/9:30.  Honey-Buns woke me up at 11:00 to go to bed, then I slept until 10:15 on Saturday morning!  Almost the same thing on Saturday night - only it was closer to 10:00 before I fell asleep, but then I slept until 9:30 yesterday morning.  OH - I also napped on Saturday afternoon!!  Crazy, huh?  I guess my body needed that rest, because I felt so much better yesterday.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a napper, nor do I need a lot of sleep.  So, I tend to sleep a lot whenever I don't feel good.  I'm just glad that I'm better.  Now, to get back into my workouts! 

I will have time to work out today.  Honey-Buns is picking up Addy this morning as usual and I'll do her morning feeding, but then I'm taking her over to her other grandmother's house where she'll stay the rest of the day.  Nonnie (other grandmother) is off on Mondays and has been wanting to keep her every Monday, and actually did once, but then she broke her finger and hasn't been able to since.  Well, now her finger is healed and she's ready to start back.  I don't like it - I never was good at sharing, lol!!  I'll get over it.  :)

I am running today.  I plan to do the beginner runner training at least three times a week.  I will do this without holding on to my treadmill and with my treadmill at a 2 incline.  I read somewhere that you should incline your treadmill so it will better simulate running outdoors.  I don't know if this is true or not, but that's what I intend to do.

   Warm-up walk for 5 minutes
   Run 100 meters, Walk 300 meters x 4
   Cool-down walk for 5 minutes

My goal is to run at 4.3 and walk at 3.3, again - all without holding on.  I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can.  :)  Fingers crossed!!
*************************
Yes!   Workout #1 is d-o-n-e!!!  :)  Unfortunately, I was not able to do the whole thing without holding on, but I did make it through two run/walk segments hands-free!  AND, I stayed on 0-incline.  I tried it  at 2, but quickly changed my mind.  My lungs are burning, but I think that's more from the cold I'm getting over than anything.  I went for a total of 1.5 miles and it took me 27:54.  Here's a breakdown of what I did:

Warm-up walk
   2.5 speed, 1 minute
   2.7 speed, 1 minute
   2.9 speed, 1 minute
   3.1 speed, 1 minute
   3.3 speed, 1 minute
Run/Walk segments - 4 times
   4.3 run, 100 meters
   3.3 walk, 300 meters
Cool-down walk
   3.1 speed, 1 minute
   2.9 speed, 1 minute
   2.7 speed, 1.5 minutes
   2.5 speed until 1.5 miles reached

Let me just say - I closed the vent in that room a couple of weeks ago because we were starting to use the heat and I can't stand for it to be so hot while I work out.  Well, today is an unusually warm day (73 degrees) and our heat has not been on for a couple of days, but boy - was it hot up there!  I came downstairs and normally I start to freeze before I finish my blog, but not today!  My daughter and son-in-law are coming over for supper, so I'll get to see Addy again for a little bit today - yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment