Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I will not quit.  I will not rest.  I will not stop.  I will not cry.  I will not surrender.  I will not relent.  I will not give up.  I will be back for more!  TRUTH!!

Sorry I'm so late posting today.  My son-in-law is out of town with his work, and my daughter was going to get her glucose testing done this morning and was very nervous about it, so I went with her.  Crazy morning!  Got up...got dressed...made my coffee and went out the door.  We had a very nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel (I love Cracker Barrel), then went to the doctor's office.  After she drank the "gross stuff" as she called it, we had to wait one hour for them to draw blood to check her blood sugar levels and to check for anemia.  Fingers crossed that she doesn't hear anything from them today!  If not - that means everything is okay.  :)

I'm still on a high from my running yesterday.  At least I was until I saw today's workout!  Man - what a workout is scheduled for today!!  I was really hoping Brand X would have a more fun (and less strenuous) alternative, but NOPE - it's a rest day for them!  Bummer!!!

CaliFit Mamas:
   For time
      30 Push-ups
      40 Walking lunges
      50 Kettlebell swings w/20 lbs
      60 CrossFit sit-ups
      70 Burpees

Brand X:
   Rest day

Yup - that's a big 7-0 for burpees!  Wow!  I think I'm going to do half of my burpees at the beginning, then do the remainder at the end.  That's going to take awhile either way, but hopefully splitting them up will make my time a little better.  Just looking at this makes me tired!  lol
*****************************
25:50 - THAT was ridiculously HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it would be a great idea to split up my burpees, which I did - but I completely forgot about how difficult 60 sit-ups would be!  lol  - but really...NOT funny!!  ;)

I did 15 burpees right off the bat - my time was 1:30 for those and I thought this might not be too bad and set a personal goal of 20 minutes.  I then did 30 push-ups, followed by 17 burpees.  Those burpees took me 2:30.  Walking lunges were a breeze today - very proud of how low I'm going on those!  Followed that with 15 more burpees - completely forgot to see how long those took me, but it wasn't as quickly as the others, I'm sure.  Kettlebell swings were with 19 lbs - it was either 22 or 19 with the dumbbell that I have - I wisely chose 19!  I did 12 burpees this go-round, followed by my 60 sit-ups which I really, really, really should have split up as well.  While doing those burpees, I noticed my timer was already close to 20 minutes, so I changed my goal to 25 minutes at that point.  Sit-ups #40-60 were the sl-ooowww-esssstttt EVER, but I did them.  Then, I only had 11 burpees left to do.  I thought these would be easy, but I think they were the hardest.  Needless to say, I did not meet either of my goals, BUT I'm not the slowest time of the day, so THAT's a plus!!

I know my shoulders are going to be super sore later - they're already kind of achy right now.  It would be an aspirin kind of night, but Mother Nature has decided it's a Midol night.  :/   Oh well...it is what it is.  GREAT workout!!



No comments:

Post a Comment