Thursday, June 6, 2013


Assume the CrossFit recovery position!  Ha!  I really love this!  This is SO me!!  Especially when we have a workout where the last exercise is something on the floor (sit-ups, push-ups).  Too funny!!  I hope I'm not the only one who does this!!  lol

My upper body is still a little sore - of course that could also be from pushing the lawn mower up those hills yesterday.  The self-propel feature on my mower is NOT working correctly - something is just a little loose on it.  It helps a little, but nowhere near like it's supposed to.  Oh well, that just makes my "workout" just a little bit tougher when I cut grass, right?  ;)  I can tell such a difference in my stamina while cutting grass.  I used to have to stop after just a couple of rounds and catch my breath, drink water, etc.  Now, I only stop to drink water and blow my nose!  I can now complete one whole side of the yard before stopping - and I only stop then because I'm at a good stopping point!  lol  Still - it's progress and I LOVE progress!!

CaliFit Mamas:
   As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes 
      12 Box jumps, 18"
      6 Thrusters w/20 lbs
      6 Bar-facing burpees

Brand X:
   "Annie"
      25-20-15-10 reps of
         Double-unders (jump rope)*
         Sit-ups
            *sub tuck-jumps if you can't do double unders

As fun as CaliFit sounds today, I'm going with Brand X because I've never done "Annie" before - at least, I don't think I have.  I always post the "puppy" modified version of Brand X because that's the one I use, but the actual "Annie" is 50-40-30-20-10 reps.  Brand X said if you can't do double-unders, then sub tuck jumps, so that's what I'm going to do.  Well...my plan is to attempt tuck jumps.  I don't foresee any issues, but with me?  You never know!
*************************
10:01 - Happy with that - I set a personal goal time of 10 minutes and really worried about making that.  Why is it something that looks and sounds so simple is in actuality hard as hell?  Ahhh, universe....you riddle me!!  I was very surprised at how difficult tuck jumps really are.  Needless to say, my knees did not touch my hands/arms, but they were tucked and I did jump, but wow!  Hard.  As.  Hell.  I didn't have any problems with sit-ups today, so that was a plus.  It felt like I breezed through those, which means the tuck jumps took up the majority of my time.  Well, those and breathing!  Very sweaty.  I know I should have jumped on the treadmill as well today, but I did not wear shoes...bummer.   Really, bummed about that!  wink-wink!!  I can now say Annie kicked my ass and yes...I assumed the CrossFit recovery position!!  Hey!  We ended up with sit-ups - I was in the floor, what else is a girl to do?  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment