Tuesday, June 18, 2013


Check your ego at the door.  It doesn't matter where you finish, only that you finish with integrity and give it a solid effort.  Leave the gym better than when you walked in.  Head high and be proud, this stuff is hard.

No truer words have been said regarding CrossFit!  I think that's one of the reasons I like it so much - anyone can do it and you're not judged while doing it.  It doesn't matter if you have the best or worst times, everyone is happy that you did it!

Well, obviously...I'm back from vacation.  We got back late yesterday morning.  I debated long and hard (for about a minute or so) on whether to jump right back in to working out - and I decided one more day wouldn't hurt!  lol - I have to say, this was the MOST relaxing vacation ever!  We did absolutely nothing - and I mean nothing.  The cabin we stayed in had a huge covered back porch with rocking chairs overlooking a lake and the mountains.  That was where I spent the majority of my time - just outside rocking and reading - just a whole lot of nothing and I loved every minute of it!!  But, back to the grindstone today.

I decided to start with yesterday's workouts from their sites, so I'll be a day behind everyone else.  Yesterday's CaliFit Mamas workout looked like a Hero workout to me, so I went to Brand X's site and sure enough - it was one they had done last week.  So, I'll do their version, but am posting both of them here.

Hero WOD - "Gallant" in honor of US Navy Petty Officer Second Class Taylor Gallant, 22 years old
   as RX'd:
      Run 1 mile
      60 Burpee pull-ups
      Run 800 meters
      30 Burpee pull-ups
      Run 400 meters
      15 Burpee pull-ups

CaliFit Mamas:
   Run 1 mile
   60 Burpees
   Run 800 meters
   30 Burpees
   Run 400 meters
   15 Burpees

Brand X puppies:
   Run 800  meters
   15 Burpees
   15 Pull-ups
   Run 600 meters
   10 Burpees
   10 Pull-ups
   Run 400 meters
   5 Burpees
   5 Pull-ups

I'm going to run (or attempt to, anyway!) the week 2 5k training - which is run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute - for every run segment until I reach the prescribed distance.  Y'all wish me luck...I'm going to need it since I did NOTHING last week!  :)
******************************
30:51 - All I can say is...wow.  Just.  Wow.  I am SO sore/tired/exhausted/hot - you name it - I'm it!  lol  Sorry I'm posting later than usual.  I went to the store during my normal workout time, and started putting together my spaghetti sauce and let it simmer while I worked out.  Then, I went ahead and finished up cooking.  I just now have sat down to "chill" - still haven't eaten yet.  I told Honey-Buns I was afraid that once I sat down, I wouldn't be able to get back up!  lol

Today's workout was ridiculously hard - I worked up such a sweat and YES, my face is blistering red!!  So, during my run segments, I chose to run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute up until I reached my distances - and let me tell you - it was hard, but I did it!!  I did burpees, then did reverse pull-ups using the bars on my treadmill.  It was EXTREMELY hard to get up and run on my treadmill after kind-of lying down doing the pull-ups.  I probably would have stopped, except for the fact that it was a Hero workout and that is the ONLY thing that kept me going!  Below is a breakdown of my workout:

800 meter run - 7:36 treadmill time - ran a total 5:36, walked 2 minutes
   (ran 2 minutes, walked 1 minute, ran 2 minutes, walked 1 minute, ran 1:36)
15 burpees - I did 6 burpees, stopped for a breather, 5 burpees, stopped, 4 burpees
15 reverse pull-ups
600 meter run - 5:52 treadmill time - ran a total 4:52, walked 2 minutes
   (ran 2 minutes, walked 1 minute, ran 1 minute, walked 1 minute, ran 1:52)
10 burpees - I did 7 burpees, stopped for a breather, 3 burpees
10 reverse pull-ups
400 meter run - 3:48 treadmill time - ran a total 2:48, walked 1 minute
   (ran 1 minute, walked 30 seconds, ran 1 minute, walked 30 seconds, ran 48 seconds)
5 burpees - I did 5 burpees
5 reverse pull-ups

I really wanted to run the entire 400 meters at the end, but I just could not do it!  As you can see, I was pushing myself to run - I just wanted the workout over by that point!  lol   I originally set a goal of 25 minutes, then I saw that I was already at 24 minutes and some odd seconds and I was just starting my last run segment I quickly changed my goal time to 30 minutes.  Still didn't make it, but it's okay - I DID IT!!!  And YES!  I did assume the CrossFit Recovery Position...with a fan blowing on me and water bottle in hand.  I don't know which I'm happier about - it being a great workout or it being over!!  lol




1 comment:

  1. Hey there!! Welcome back! Glad you had an awesome vacation. Least sitting and doing nothing sounds pretty awesome to me!!

    ReplyDelete