Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.



This is a good one for me today.  I did not get a chance to work out yesterday.  I was rearranging the office/workout room so I could have Addy's t.v. out of the way and still have room to work out, plus just work.  Then, I just lost all of my mojo.  I just can't seem to force myself to do things these days, but I hope to improve on that.  If you're at the bottom you can only go up, right?  Or...stay at the bottom - which is not what I want.  Since I didn't work out yesterday, I did that workout today. 

Here's what I did today...
  Tabata This!  20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest, 1 minute in between each exercise
     Jump rope          - 11 - 0 - 19 - 10 - 6 - 10 - 12 - 11
     Squats                 - 10 - 12 - 11 - 8 - 10 - 10 - 9 - 10
     Push press, 24#  - 18 - 12 - 14 - 10 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 8
     Push-ups*          - 8 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 7 - 6
     Sit-ups                - 1 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 0 - 4 - 2 - 3

*I did wall push-ups today.  I will say it is crazy how slow/out of shape/sore I am!  The one exercise that I always sucked at before is the one that was actually okay today and that was jump rope.  I did way better this go around doing jump rope.  And by that, I mean actually jumping the rope several times in a row without missing and starting over.  I was surprised at how weak my thighs are when I was doing squats.  My legs were so squiggly before I finished those up.  AND push-presses, which I used to breeze through - ridiculous squiggly arms!  I knew sit-ups would be bad, so that didn't surprise me.  And yes, I had a round of "zero".  I just couldn't do it.  The stretch felt too good!  lol

Well, I will say I got up and worked out.  I'm going to go ahead and take an aspirin and hopefully head off the pain.  My thighs are already throbbing.  I just need to not let myself get to this point again.  This will be a good workout to do periodically and see if I have improved or not.   
   


No comments:

Post a Comment