Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Make things happen.  Yep...that's what I need to do!  By the time I got back from FODAC yesterday, I had a pretty bad headache - rain, traffic, rain.  What is it about the rain that makes me people drive like idiots?  Maybe they've always driven like idiots and I just don't notice until it rains?  Who knows?  lol  Regardless, I did not do anything yesterday.  It was even after supper time that I put the lights and ornaments on my tree.  Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love to hurry up and decorate my tree.  It just didn't happen this year.  Oh well...it's done now and I must say it is gorgeous!  I went back to traditional Christmas colors this year.  Last year, I used only pink ornaments, the year before that it was pink, blue, green, and purple.  This year, it's red balls and silver stars.  I've always used only white lights on my trees for as long as I can remember - has to do with my childhood.  My family always used multi-colored lights and I always wanted to try white lights, but they wouldn't do it.  So, I use multi-colored lights outside and white lights inside.  This year, I decided to use white and red lights.  I was going to buy new white lights this year (I've had mine forever) and just get a some red lights and sit and mix them up, but luckily Target knew of my plans and decided to sell strands of lights that have white, frosted white, and red so that saved me a LOT of trouble!  Thank you, Target!!  Honey-Buns was not thrilled with the idea of red lights being added, until he saw them.  He even said "Our tree looks so sharp this year!".  Yay - it's Honey-Buns approved!  :)

Sorry my blog is later than usual.  I had trouble uploading photos again today and decided to troubleshoot it.  Apparently, my pop-up blocker was on for this site.  I fixed it! 

I'm doing yesterday's workout today.  Just a reminder:
   5 rounds for time
      7 dumbbell squat clean thrusters with 20-30 lbs
      20 sit-ups

I got this!
Well...I was able to work out today, just not completely.  I took Addy upstairs with me because Honey-Buns had to go and check on our drivers/deliveries.  I set her on a pillow with her soft blankie on top and she watched me do a complete first round.  During the second round, she started fussing a little when I was doing the sit-ups, so I picked her up and held her "airplane" like while doing sit-ups.  She seemed to enjoy those, but when I put her back down to do thrusters again, she got really mad.  She wouldn't even calm down while doing the airplane sit-ups - I was able to get 10 of them done, then I stood up and we did 20 squats.  Then, I decided to just get on the treadmill.  I was barefoot, so I only went 2.0 speed, and I held her the whole time.  I was really wishing my carrier was upstairs, but it was downstairs and I wasn't going to stop and go get it.  We walked for 10 minutes on the treadmill, the last minute and half of her screaming!  I jumped on the scales with her, then compared to without her.  She now weighs 12.5 pounds!!  At least I did something, right?  I'm thinking she didn't like the Offspring - they were who I listened to today.  I'll have to switch it up and see what kind of music she likes.  I know she loves her xylophone and she has a toy we call "baby crack" because it puts her right to sleep - it's a Little Einstein musical toy.  No matter if she's pitching a fit or not, she zones out the minute that thing starts playing and just stares at the lights and 9 times out of 10, she falls asleep.  Crazy kid!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment