Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday!!

  I'm not sure what is going on with blogger this morning, but I am unable to add a picture to my blog.  I tried to do it both using my Google Chrome browser and Internet Explorer, so it's definitely a website issue.  Oh well - hopefully they'll have it working correctly tomorrow 'cause I really like adding pictures and quotes!  :)

I'm going to be honest and just say I knew I would not have time to work out last week, so I didn't even bother looking at blogs or anything.  I will say I did do a LOT of walking and moving stuff around, so I'm counting that as working out.  No really - I did.  My butt is even sore this morning (and has been just about all weekend) to prove it!  I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but my son has had to move back home into the basement.  It's a good thing I moved the office upstairs, huh?  His roommate worked for his father's company and that went out of business.  My son knew he couldn't afford to pay the rent and monthly bills by himself, so he asked if he could come back home for a little bit and we agreed.  I helped him move the majority of his stuff a few weeks ago.  He left some stuff for the roommate to continue to use until he moved out.  Well, we moved the remainder of the stuff last Wednesday and just stuck it in my garage.  Yes, it was overflowing - I only had a direct path to walk through to get to my vehicle.  So yesterday, he and I moved the stuff out of the garage and into the basement.  Let me just say...stairs.  Lots of them!  As we would come back up, we'd bring a load of stuff to take to Goodwill.  I had a lot of stuff down there and he went through his stuff and purged during this move.  No lie...my van was full.  And by full, I mean the entire middle area where the wheelchair goes and the entire back part.  Thank goodness for Goodwill!  I'm hoping to go to FODAC (Friends of Disabled Adults and Children) today to donate Hayley's old wheelchair and stander that are taking up more space in my garage.  I want to burn a fire in the fireplace and I can't because I don't have wood and I can't get wood because we can't get to the storage spot in our garage!  It's a catch 22!!  Katy, Addy, and I all went shopping on Friday at the Mall of Georgia.  We got there around 1:30/2:00 and yes, it was packed but we were able to get front row parking at Dillard's which was awesome timing for us!  The mall was packed and I saw more men out shopping on Black Friday than I've ever seen before.  I used to go with the 6:00 a.m. crowd, but switched to the middle of the night (2:00 a.m.) crowd for the past few years.  With everyone going cuckoo for Thanksgiving night shopping (not me, some things you just don't need to do during family time) I figured I wouldn't go this year.   But, Katy and I decided last minute to go.  It was actually pretty calm and everyone was very friendly - it was just crowded.  Addy is a great little shopper!  Katy called on Saturday to see if I wanted to go to Target with her since we never made it on Friday, so I said "sure".  My son wanted to go because he needed some new shoes, so off to Target, Kohl's, and Georgia Square Mall (in Athens) we went.  I also did not plan to go Christmas tree shopping yesterday since Katy said they were going next weekend.  I figured I'd go one day this week - it's WAY less crowded on a week day, but Katy called and said they decided to go yesterday so yes - I now have my Christmas tree.  It's not early for me and a tree...Honey-Buns always makes me wait until December to get my tree 'cause he's afraid it will die before Christmas.  Luckily, December seemed like it came early since Thanksgiving was so late.  I don't have lights or decorations on the tree yet, but I'll do that today sometime.

Addy's other grandmother has decided she wants to keep her on Mondays, so that is the new plan.  Honey-Buns picks her up in the mornings and I'll do the first feeding, then take her to Nonnie's house.  I'll pick her up around 4:45 and take her to meet Katy like normal.  Katy doesn't want Nonnie bringing her because Nonnie has four-year old twins that would be with her and she thinks that's too much of a distraction.  So, to make Katy comfortable, we're sticking with the original pick-up/drop-off plan. 

I am working out today.  I have not decided if I'm going to do a run (which I really need to do) or if I'm going to do the HIIT Mamas workout.  Regardless...it's getting done!!  :)

5 rounds for time:
   7 dumbbell squat clean thrusters w/20-30 lbs
   20 sit-ups

I'll post my results later!
*************************

No comments:

Post a Comment