Wednesday, May 11, 2016

You can do it!

This is what I constantly tell myself during one of my "run" segments on my treadmill.  "You can do this.  You got this."  Then I start with "only ___ seconds to go".  Sometimes I even close my eyes as say "20 seconds 20 seconds 20 seconds"  or "halfway there halfway there".  You'd be surprised how well I can chant this in my head in correlation with my steps.  lol 


Well, I did it!  I stayed at 0 incline, but still - it was done.  I completed 1.5 miles in 28 minutes.  If my mind was working correctly during this workout, I did 8 segments of walking (2.8) for 2:00 minutes and running (3.6, last two segments at 3.7) for 1.5 minutes.  Munchie arrived during my last walking segment and really wanted on the treadmill, but I was able to distract her and avoid all looming disasters that could have involved.  :)   When I completed my workout, she went to hug me and was like "Grammy - you're all wet."  Yes, Munchie...I'm sweaty.  It was a great workout and I actually drank almost half of my water quota for the day, so a plus all the way around!


I didn't "work out" yesterday because I stayed up way later than I should have on Monday night reading and just had zero desire to move yesterday morning.  Munchkin and I did go on a picnic at a park yesterday, then we played for about an hour outside.  It was our first time going to this particular park and I must say it was the cutest park ever!  All of the playground equipment looked like it was made out of tree logs.  The steps were made out of "rocks", so there was lots of rock climbing and sliding through hollowed out logs.  They even had a water stream for splashing.  Needless to say, it didn't take Munchie long to strip down and sit in the water "cuddles".  I stopped her from going completely naked and made her keep her panties on.  She was only allowed to play in the water for about 15 minutes because I didn't have any sunscreen and didn't want her to get burned.  It was a hot, sunny 85 here in Georgia yesterday. 


I purchased  a little swimming pool for Munchie yesterday.  My plan for today is to buy her a swimsuit for my house, then I'm hoping to cut grass in the backyard (on a hill, with a pushmower) while she splashes around - so maybe I'll get a "pseudo workout" in as well.


My thought for today - Do it.  Doesn't matter what.  Doesn't matter how.  Doesn't matter when.  Just get out and do it.  You got this!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Great, discovered your website whilst arbitrarily dealing with the web seeking some thing entertainment to examine. I an happy to find this fost very useful for me, as it contains lot of information
    humidity chamber manufacturer

    ReplyDelete