Monday, May 9, 2016

Beautiful Georgia Weather

So far so good as far as exercising goes.  It's a beautiful, sunny 80-degree day in Georgia.  Naturally I went outside for my workout today.  I actually went for a hike at a local park.  I have been wanting to go hiking on these little woodsy trails where I walk and just have not done so.  Now that Munchkin is older and LOVES being outside, I thought I'd check one out to see if she'd like it.  She stays with her other grandmother (Nonny) on Mondays.  Needless to say, she will love it.  The one I went on started at a playground we like to go to and ended up inside a state park at not quite a 1/2 mile away.  It was a great, wide, easy walking trail through the woods.  I continued walking along the roadway inside the park to see if I could find another trail that might circle around, but ended up turning around because I didn't want to get too far away.  I know...I'm a pansy.  But it's okay.  I did get out and do something "exercise-y" today and that's always a good thing.


I didn't post on Friday, but I did a pre-programmed treadmilk workout while wearing my 12 lb vest.  That was pretty intense.  I feel so energized after I do a workout and it really sticks with me throughout most of the day.  I've increased my water intake as well, not drinking anything else until I get a minimum of 5-7 cups of water per day.  I will drink a little bit of milk, but I absolutely LOVE milk!  I hope I never lose the taste for it.  I know people who don't drink milk and it makes me sad, because I have enjoyed it for as long as I can remember.  I just get in the mood for milk! 


Just so you know - I also walked on the treadmill on Saturday. The only day I missed a walk was yesterday and I was so busy.  By the time I was un-busy, I was super tired.  I even napped for  an hour and half late yesterday afternoon.  Then paid for that nap by not being sleepy until after 1:00 this morning.  Luckily I can sleep in on Mondays since Munchie isn't here.


I do still plan on adding CrossFit to my workouts, but am going to give myself another week or two of just walks/hiking before doing that. 


My thought for today....do your own thing...be happy...live happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment